Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oops! and "Sorry"

This is my daughter Julia. I get this look a lot. When she "accidentally" leaves the refrigerator door open. When she spills her milk at the dinner table because she's goofing around with her sisters. When she streaks naked in front of company because she "forgot" to lay out her clothes and get a towel before she got in the shower. Or the time, when she was 3 , that she decided it would be a great idea to "paint" a picture on my bedroom wall with bright red fingernail polish. Every time I get this look though I just can't seem to stay mad at her. I guess because this look reminds me how wonderful it is to be a child. Where all mistakes can be fixed with just an, "Oops" and a "Sorry." I know she'll learn soon enough in life that some mistakes just can't be fixed. My job, for now, is to teach her how to deal with mistakes once they're made. For now, I'll just cherish those two little words that make everything better. I'll give her a kiss, show her how to fix it, and remind her to be more careful next time. Because one day this adorable little girl will be all grown up and this look will be gone forever.
So for all of you moms, when your little one does something that makes you wish you could wiggle your nose and be somewhere else, just take a deep breath and remember that not long from now you'll wish you could see this look just one more time.

No comments:

Lauren

Lauren

Julia

Julia

Madison

Madison

Sara

Sara