Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Meal

So I usually cook a huge feast from scratch every year. We're talking cooking cornbread from scratch to make the cornbread dressing, chopping vegetables, baking cakes and pies, homemade mac n cheese, the works. This year though I decided to cheat. I came to this conclusion because this year it was just Steve, the girls, and I and I was exhausted. So I got mashed potatoes from a bag, cornbread dressing, mac n cheese, calico beans, and apple crumb pie from a box, and cranberry dressing from a can. I even cooked our turkey in our crockpot so that if I forgot about it at least it wouldn't burn. I have to admit it was the easiest Thanksgiving yet. And to top it off it was actually really good. Not quite as good as when I make it all myself but it was still pretty tasty. So kudos to me! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. To all of you crazy enough to have shopped the day after kudos to you. I did it one year and hope I never have to be involved in that insanity again. Now begins the race to Christmas. (And by the way, if you decorated your house for Christmas before Thanksgiving shame on you! That's cheating! ) Good luck to all on your holiday shopping!

No comments:

Lauren

Lauren

Julia

Julia

Madison

Madison

Sara

Sara