Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My first blog

Well, I have decided to join the technological age and start my own Blog. As I write this, the thought goes through my head that with 4 children there are plenty of other things I should be doing right now. Not least of which is cleaning my house. But I decided to start this to save my sanity and give me a place to share all of my joys, frustrations, sorrows, and whimsical musings with whoever might find them interesting, helpful, or just downright entertaining.
I have four beautiful daughters. Lauren is 8. She is intelligent, sweet spirited, helpful, and has just enough fire in her to make her a pain in my butt sometimes. Like the fact that even if you tell her to be quiet she HAS to finish whatever she was saying. Julia is 5. She is savvy, stubborn, quick witted, stubborn, and extremely funny. And did I mention stubborn? For example, when we went for her 1st school conference the teacher said she had actually digressed. She knew her letters and numbers at the beginning of the year, before they started teaching her, but now she only knew about 3 letters, 2 numbers, and the color blue. All because she didn't feel like telling anyone anything on the day they evaluated her. Madison is 3. She is a delight and it is wonderful to look at the world through her eyes. She is resourceful, insightful, and free spirited. Like when I found her in my washing machine because she thought it looked like fun. Or the time she cooked an entire box of waffles in the toaster oven while I was taking a shower because she decided she was hungry. Sara is 7 months. She is the most patient baby you will ever meet. She is learning to crawl and sits up pretty well. She loves Raggedy Ann and all of her sisters.
My husband and I will be married 10 years in May. He is the love of my life. He is the one person who can make me laugh no matter what else is going on. Like when I am so mad at him I could spit nails and he ends up making Coke come spewing out of my nostrils instead. Wonderful visual, I know.
Well, I hear my jungle animals calling me to come and feed them so I will end it here. Have a great day and try to find the things in it that make you smile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

does it not make you even madder at him sometimes when you can't stay mad at him even when you want to?

Anonymous said...

you have done a great job this year with the cheerleader,

Lauren

Lauren

Julia

Julia

Madison

Madison

Sara

Sara