Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Belly Laugh

So, after having four children my body looks like war zone. I'm not kidding! There are now mounds of "debri" (aka blubber) where there used to be flat sandy plains (aka my stomach). There are mine fields (aka stretch marks) where there used to be perfect skin. And countries (aka my boobs) have moved to lower regions (this means they sag). I still think I'm gorgeous, but that's only because I avoid all mirrors. I finally came to the conclusion last week that since I am officially done have children I am ready to get myself back. Every mother I know comes to this point eventually. The point where you realize if you give anymore of yourself away you won't know who you are anymore. You already don't recognize the person that stares back at you from that wretched thing they call a mirror. So, I decided to stop avoiding the mirrors and become the person I used to know. My first step was to join a gym. I know, I know. At this point you're thinking "It'll never last." That's where you're wrong. I finally got up the courage to go to the gym and actually work out and I loved it. All of the women there were encouraging and supportive. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes of ab work and a 1 hour cardio class. Yes, I made it through the entire class. I couldn't believe it either. I felt so good afterwards that I am going back tomorrow for the kickboxing class. My muscles are protesting profusely and my mind keeps asking me why I would want to torture myself like this. All I can say is that I'm starting to like the person I see in the mirror again.

No comments:

Lauren

Lauren

Julia

Julia

Madison

Madison

Sara

Sara